What Smiling Does for You
A million-dollar smile is not one that is accompanied with perfect teeth and plump lips. A million-dollar smile is one that is contagious. Some days can be kind of rough, but when you are greeted with a smile, your mood changes into a pleasant one. Those mood changes that come from smiling are not coincidental, they are a result of chemical reactions in our bodies. Check out these awesome benefits of smiling:
- Smiling can boost your mood and reduce stress by increasing endorphins and lowering cortisol!
- Lower stress means a stronger immune system.
- Smiling can make you appear more attractive and approachable!
- It’ll get other people smiling at you! About half of the people you smile at will smile back.
- Take a few seconds every day to smile. Even if you flash a more forced smile, your brain recognizes the muscle movement and it can lead to you feeling genuinely happy.
- Spend time with family and friends! While you’re with them, make jokes and enjoy light-hearted conversations.
- Compliment a stranger and make someone feel good. Making someone smile will always put a smile on your face.
- Think happy thoughts. Practice positive thinking and you will begin to notice a difference!