How Can Dentures Extend and Improve Your Life?
One of the first things people notice about you is your smile. When you are missing a few teeth, you start to cover your smile. If you are missing one or more natural teeth, dentures are a cost-effective way to cosmetically restore your smile and improve your quality of life. Dentures are removable false teeth or prosthetics attached to your gums or the soft and hard tissues surrounding your mouth. Dentures are usually divided into two categories: complete dentures and partial dentures.
Complete dentures are a cost-effective and natural-looking tooth replacement option for patients who have lost all their teeth due to oral health issues such as bone loss, periodontal disease, and tooth decay. You have the option to recreate an exact oral image with these kinds of false teeth as they are completely customizable. If you have missing teeth or gaps in your mouth as a result of aging or an accident, partial dentures are an excellent way to restore your perfect smile. They are typically made of acrylic material combined with a material framework that attaches to your remaining teeth for support. Wearing dentures empowers you once again to look young, eat well, and speak clearly.
You might wonder how wearing a well-fitted denture could help extend and improve your life. This could happen in a variety of ways—
- Well-fitting dentures help with core stabilization, which makes it easier for you to walk and lowers the risk of potentially fatal falls.
- Another advantage of dentures is that they give people the confidence and desire to go out and socialize. Being homebound increases one’s risk of depression, which can shorten one’s life.
- Dentures allow you to eat in the same way that natural teeth did. Chewing will become much easier as you get used to your dentures.
- When you are missing teeth, your face tends to droop, but you can avoid this by wearing dentures regularly. This will help preserve your facial structure.
- People won’t be able to tell that you are wearing a dental prosthetic if you have a quality set of dentures. A properly fitted denture gives you a healthy smile. You will be busy smiling for pictures at social gatherings, as everyone around you wonders how you manage to keep your teeth in such good condition.
- Patients may experience headaches and jaw pain as a result of ill-fitting dentures. Sore spots in your mouth can occur as a result of denture movement. A properly designed set of dentures can eliminate this type of pain.
Although dentures typically only last 5 to 10 years, there are many ways to extend their efficacy. Here are three strategies for extending the life of your dentures:
- Just like your natural teeth, your dentures need to be cleaned regularly. Inadequate denture care can cause gum irritation or infection. It is best to clean them over a soft, folded towel because they are very fragile and can easily break if dropped. Every night, use a non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft denture brush to clean all surfaces of your dentures before soaking them in denture cleansing solution and room temperature water. Then thoroughly rinse them before replacing your dentures in your mouth. Voila!
- Your dentures can meet all your chewing requirements, but they require rest like your gums. Taking them out each night not only allows your dentures to soak and be thoroughly cleaned, but also allows your gums to recover from the stress caused by your appliance.
- Visit your dentist regularly. They can check your gums and dentures to make sure your mouth is in good shape and that your appliances are fitting properly. If you notice that the dentures aren’t fitting properly or that they are moving more than usual, you should see your dentist right away. If you don’t, your dentures will wear down your gums and jawbones over time, causing them to deteriorate and shift, putting you at risk of developing gum disease.
Do you want to know more about comfortable dentures that are easy to wear? Call our Love My Smile Center Help Line at 833-900-1050 or email us at email@example.com, and our skilled personnel will assist you with any questions you may have. You can also book a free consultation or a follow-up appointment.